Original Rogue: Brow Power - Benefit's Gimme Brow
A little bit of everything lifestyle blog with a dash of geekiness and a splash of Manchester love!

Thursday 24 April 2014

Brow Power - Benefit's Gimme Brow

I'm a bit fan of Benefit's brow range - they were the first brand I came across that did a range of products other than just brow pencils.

I've been using their wax and power kit for years but when browsing their website, I spotted a new product that I was dying to test out. First I needed to get my brows in a semi decent state! I'm terrible at shaping them at home so when I need a tidy up, I head to The Blink Brow Bar for a tint and shape.



There are two of these handily located in Manchester in the basement of Selfridges - one at the Trafford Centre & one in Exchange Square. It's ridiculously easy to get an appointment pretty much any day of the week and the one in the Trafford Centre is even open until 10pm.

Having got my brows threaded into shape (and a complimentary head massage which comes as standard), it was time to nip to Boots and grab myself Benefit's Gimme Brow.


Benefit describes this as "brow-volumising fibre gel". My brows aren't that bad apart from right near the nose where the hair suddenly thins out and decides to grow straight up instead of outwards like the rest of the bloody brow hair! So these are my brows after threading but before I've started using Gimme Brow and the rest of my make up.


Apologies for how terrifying my eyes look close up!

I use short motions upwards along the length of the brow, then stroke the brush tip along brow to define shape. Let it dry and then build coverage in any gaps or in my case, near the inner brow.

This is the difference between a brow that had been done and a brow that hasn't



I'm a really big fan of this as it allows you build coverage but still leaves a natural finish rather than the solid look powder and wax gave. I use the Gimme Brow in medium/dark shade which was perfect: light enough to give a natural look, but dark enough to make an impact and stand out.

Here's the finished look with the rest of my make up - as you can see they really stand out when hair is tied back. 





You can grab it either directly from the Benefit Website or at a counter. It currently retails for £17.50 which I think is a little expensive for the size of the tube you get - 3g but I'm definitely sold on it as a daytime brow definer. It does come with a little tips and tricks booklet if you're not very confident about how to do your brows.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment