Original Rogue: Looking forward to 2014 already
A little bit of everything lifestyle blog with a dash of geekiness and a splash of Manchester love!

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Looking forward to 2014 already

So another year has ended and a new one is beginning. 

2013 was certainly an interesting year - I remember starting out feeling unsure about my job, unsure what I was even doing with my life and generally, being a massive worrier! But slowly over the course of the year, things started to change.

People took a chance on me in my professional life and helped me to continue to grow from strength to strength. I made some awesome new friends who I've carried through into the new year. And I discovered Black Milk.

"A clothing brand?" I hear you say. "How can they change your life?"

Aside from the fact that the clothes are a dream for a geeky, sci-fi, fantasy obsessed girl like me, they helped me carve out something of an identity for myself - I became affectionately known as Crazy Leggings Girl at work - it also introduced me to a whole online community of equally obsessed but incredibly friendly girls (and we even all meet up during the year).







The Black Milk online community is global and it's what continues to drive the brand and it's success as the years roll by. But I'm getting off topic!

In 2013, I got to focus on working in Social Media which I fell in love with. Through my work, I met some fantastic people who went on to become friends in the "real world" - a special shout out goes to @SpamellaB




I also got the chance to attend some fantastic events such as Manchester networking event, Twitfaced and an all day event at the BBC in Media City called #SocialMediaWhatsTrending which brought together a series of panels and speakers that only the BBC could get together all in one building! 

Panelists included blogger Jayne Robinson @JaynesKitch (check out her amazing blog here: http://www.jayneskitschen.co.uk), Matt Cooke from Google, Luke Lewis from Buzzfeed & Radio 1 controller Ben Cooper.





So how can 2014 better this? It's already doing it

The infamous Kitten Camp (cat memes + social media + free beer) is heading up to North for the first time & alongside Pam & my other amazing friend, Fay @fayscho, we are bringing it to Manchester. Definitely need to try and get my hands on these for it!





Manchester Digital Marketing event Twitfaced returns on January 31st where the Digital, PR & Social Media community descends onto a bar and proceed to get....well you can guess!

I'm also going to try and stay on top of blogging a bit more! New sections coming in 2014 will include my thoughts on film, theatre, social media and travel. Watch this space!

It's already shaping up to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment