Original Rogue: Come Fly With Me....
A little bit of everything lifestyle blog with a dash of geekiness and a splash of Manchester love!

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Come Fly With Me....

Today has all been about preparation. Because tomorrow I'm going to New York!

But I'm rushing ahead of myself. Several weeks ago, I lost my job. I wasn't happy where I was living and generally feeling, well, a bit lost.

I decided I was going to become a 'Yes' person al la Jim Carrey and test this theory that say Yes to everything enriches your life. So when LS asked me to visit her in New York, I threw caution to the wind and jumped at it.

"You crazy girl, how is this possible?"

Well after selling a chunk of my beloved wardrobe, I was back on the Virgin Atlantic website.



 So today, I've been packing, primping and preeing to get ready and headed off to the James Roberts salon to put my hair in the oh so capable hands of the wonderful Simon (seriously he is a hair god). He not only whipped my unruly locks into shape




 He also remembered I wanted to try the new Cadbury's creations.


Epic!!! 



I also had my talons attended to by the wonderful Lindsay. LS had informed me we would be visiting a nail bar upon my arrival and whilst I was SO up for this, I knew my nails in their natural state would flake, break and be a mess within 5 minutes. So Lindsay popped a clear Biosculpture on my nails and one lovely hand massage later, this was the result.



Clear Biosculpture Gels




I cannot recommend Biosculpture Gels enough for anyone who longs for long lasting chip free nails. It lasts for about 3-4 weeks and is removed in salon. You can have anything from clear to a multitude of colours and Lindsay is extremely creative. If you're having another one out straight on, the soak off is free. (Subject to salon).


So here I am back home, not at all packed and heading off to see Star Trek this evening (review coming shortly). 

Sweep trying to pack herself as usual


And just to give my fellow geeks a bit of a headfuck, I'm rocking my Witch King Leggings from my favourite brand, Black Milk. Post on those hot bosses very soon. It's a slippery slope I tell you!



Oh and the tan? Calmed right now after a good scrub with Original Source Vanilla & Raspberry. Perfect for smelling like McDonalds Strawberry Milkshake.


No comments:

Post a Comment