Original Rogue: Too much slogging, not enough blogging
A little bit of everything lifestyle blog with a dash of geekiness and a splash of Manchester love!

Monday 1 July 2013

Too much slogging, not enough blogging

It must be said, I have somewhat neglect my blog a little! Between Parklife, visits to Surrey and my job, I've literally not had a moment to stop. Don't get me wrong, I loved everyone one of those things, but sometimes you just need a moment in life to breath!


Having my usual healthy snack at work!



Luckily, I was due a break to Spain with the family for a long weekend and some much needed R & R (though I did break ranks occasionally and run off to find a source of internet - social doesn't stop for anyone).

Our house is in a beautiful little village in the Costa Blanca and to me, it's heaven on earth. Good food, good wine, glorious sunshine and the company of locals. On this particular trip, we were invited by a friend of my mum's to visit the most equisite garden.




The owner, apart from being terribly wealthy, is passionate about the botanics of the local area and bought acres of land with the aim of protecting the local flowers and plants and encouraging them to prosper. His efforts have attracted the attention of the Universidad de Valencia and they are collaborating to create a Spanish equivalant of Britain's National Parks Trust.

Perfect for a production of Romeo & Juliet!





The gardens often play host to wonderful outdoor concerts with guests sitting under the beautiful natural canopies of plants and flowers whilst listening to strains of classic musical weave amongst them like vines.







A plant called, believe it or not, Wolf's Fart....

The sweetest wild strawberries I've ever tasted!










I spent the whole day there and still didn't get to explore as much as I would have liked!

Hasta leugo!

No comments:

Post a Comment