Original Rogue: Dinner at a Spainard's House
A little bit of everything lifestyle blog with a dash of geekiness and a splash of Manchester love!

Thursday 11 July 2013

Dinner at a Spainard's House

Anyone who knows me knows I love food. A lot. Especially good quality, homecooked food. During our holiday in Spain, we were invited to have dinner cooked for us by one of my mum's friends. Never one to turn down free food, we popped on our glad rags and headed over.

The weather was warm and we arrived to be greeted with lemonade. Not from a shop mind you, fresh homemade lemonade with mint and a selection of cheeses.



Utterly refreshing and the perfect antidote to the Spanish sun. Our host pulled out several bottles of Rioja and we tucked into our meal as the sun set over the Valencia mountains.



Amazing pastry with tuna, egg, pepper & tomato

Traditional Spanish Gazpacho

Served in non traditional crockery - soup in china cups!

Egg with salmon and wild mushrooms

I can NOT get enough of Spanish bread. Especially with ali oli

Rocking my Black Milk Galaxy Maxi Dress


Watching the sunset from the terrace




Maxing, Relaxing....



A Spanish sunset



After our wonderful meal, we spent the rest of our short break lounging on our favourite beach, Javea where I got stuck into the Game of Thrones novels. The Red Wedding has completely destroyed me - I almost don't want to carry on reading!



Hasta Leugo!

No comments:

Post a Comment